A guide to applying the patch, building, and testing L-FCPA1
The current L-FCPA patch is released for gcc-4.6.*.
- Before using the plugin, open terminal and test the gcc version
~/$. gcc --version
The version must be 4.6.* or above, or else please install it using apt-get or Software Centre.
- Also run the following command:
~/$. sudo apt-get install gcc-4.6-plugin-dev
Step I : Building the plugin
- Untar the tarball
~/$.tar -xvf lfcpa-plugin.tar.g
After untarring, you will see a folder "lfcpa-plugin".
- Change directory to this folder
- Hook the plugin dynamically in gcc
You will see a file named plugin.so after the successful make.
Step II : Testing L-FCPA
- Create any sample program "test.c" inside the directory lfcpa-plugin. (As a trial a test.c is already given)
- Run the command
~/lfcpa-plugin$. make test
- Inspect the generated lfcpa dump test.c.225i.lfcpa to analyze the information gathered by the pass.
- Use the following to delete all dump files
~/lfcpa-plugin$. make clean