Mumbai Navigator with Maps
This is a preliminary release available only through Mozilla Firefox
and Internet Explorer. The main features are:
On the first visit to the site it might take long to
load the maps and related data. However, please
persevere: the data will get cached on your
computer and when you visit the site again it will
start up very fast.
- Inclusion of two maps: A full map of Mumbai and a second map
showing a portion of it zoomed. Which portion is zoomed is marked on
the full map using a red square. This square can be dragged using the
- Mouseover to see stop names: If you move your cursor over
the yellow or red squares in the zoomed map, the name of the stop will
- Selection through map/menu: Stops/stations can be selected
either through the menu, or by clicking on the squares in the zoomed
map. The bus routes through the selected
stop are automatically listed in the white box in the center.
- Textual search through stop/station names: Type the string
and the matching names will show up, and they will also be shown in
the map using red dots.
- Bus route information: Select the route in the list at the
left bottom of the page, and the route is shown in the maps.
- Generated plan can be seen on the map: Once you select the
origin and destination, clicking the "Generate plan" button will show
the plan. If you click on the segments of the plan (links shown in
blue) you will see the corresponding segments in the map.
We do not have the geographical coordinates of all bus stops at
present. So these stops will not be shown on the maps. We hope to
update this soon.
Go to Mumbai Navigator with maps.