Institute Chair Professor and Head
Dept. of Computer Science
and Engineering, IIT Bombay
Research Areas My main research area is database systems .
Current sub areas of interest include
- Query processing and optimization.
- Holistic optimization spanning the programming language/SQL boundary, including
optimization of nested iteration, and iterative invocation of queries
by creating batched bindings and asynchronous query invocation. This work spans the boundaries of
programming language static analysis and database query optimization.
(For details look here.)
- Multiquery optimization and Parametric query optimization (for details look
- Testing database applications, including test data generation to ensure correctness
of queries, and checking for serializablity of applications running under
weak levels of consistency. For more details, look
- Keyword querying in databases
Soumen Chakrabarti and I lead the
which aims at supporting keyword queries on relational and
- Earlier areas included and Main Memory Databases
(I was one of the founders of the DataBlitz main memory database
project in Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill).
I also worked on failure recovery
error checking and fault tolerance issues, particularly in
main memory databases.
Last updated: Nov 25, 2011.
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: http://www.cse.iitb.ac.in/~sudarsha
- Tel: +91.22 2576 7714 (Dept. Office: 2576 7700)
- Dept. Fax: +91.22 2572 0290 (Institute fax: 2572 3480)
- Office: Room A206, Rekhi building
Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400076