In the past, the primary focus of my research was on issues in program analysis and optimizing compilers (see items 1-3), and a secondary one was on distributed control algorithms for use in operating systems (see item 4). My newer research interests are mentioned in items 5-7. Of these, item 7 is the theme of an OS pedagogy-motivated project.
1. Generalized theory of data flow analysis and its applications
2. Partial redundancy elimination in compilers
3. Applications of program analysis techniques
4. Distributed control algorithms for operating systems
5. Detection of data-races and atomicity violations
6. Dynamic software updates
7. A workbench for OS projects