This is the webpage to get Simplecpp, the companion package for the
book "An introduction to programming through C++". New versions may
be released from time to time, watch this space.
If you have any suggestions, including corrections, please write to me
at ranade at cse dot iitb dot ac dot in.
Gallery of Simplecpp based animations
- Linux Library version:
Untar it and see the file README.txt for contents and
directions for installing it and how to compile your programs with it.
- Codeblocks IDE novice version (64 bit): To
install, untar it, change directory to simpleblocks, then run "sudo bash
INSTALL.sh". The executable is "codeblocks".
Native windows version
Simplecpp is supplied integrated into the IDE (Interactive Development
- Novice version: This
is a very simplified version of Code::Blocks which has a very simple
user interface, and which allows you to construct single file C++
programs. This is recommended for those who have not used IDEs
before. It does not require you to first create a project in order
to write a program. You can directly type your program into a file
and compile it.
- Full version: This
version is not available at present.
Mac OS X version
- Install XQuartz http://xquartz.macosforge.org/landing/
- Run Terminal and from it give the command
- You may also have to execute the following from the terminal.
sudo mv xlocale.h xlocale.h.bak
sudo cp /usr/include/xlocale.h ./
- Download simplecpp.tar from here.
- Move simplecpp.tar to the folder of your choice and untar it.
- From the terminal go into the simplecpp directory which you
extracted and run