For grading papers:
Publish a grading scheme which gives main ideas regarding partial credit.
Every students should be able to from the grading scheme + comments on
answerbook know why he/she got the given marks.
- Use red pen to
Cancel unused portions of answerbooks.
Enter marks by question on first page.
Record marks in a file, and also take printouts. Mail the grades to the
instructor from time to time, but DO NOT discard these until after the
instructor EXPLICITLY asks you to.
Make sure that students sit as far apart as possible. (e.g. left side of bench that can accomodate 2 students. Or with a chair between.)
Most single rooms will not be adequate for separated seating as above
for large classes. So use 2 rooms. Seat even roll numbers in one room,
odd in the other room.
Remember it is better to prevent copying, and even better to prevent
even the suspicions of copying than having to resolve possible copying episodes.
When I grade and ask you to enter marks:
- Total the marks on the answerbook if not done.
- Check that everything is graded.
- Cancel unused portions of answerbooks if not already done.
- Enter marks in your database. Enter "A" for students who are
absent, not 0.
- Let me know the median and the average.
- Sort the answerbooks by roll number so that it is easy to
distribute in class.
- Please keep me informed if you plan to be out of town. Especially
keep me informed about when you plan to leave after the endsem.