There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works. -- Alan J. Perlis
Do you enjoy solving tough problems and grappling with technical challenges? Then enter Code Invaders, Programming Contest. A number of challenging problems will be given and your aim is to solve as many problems as you can as quickly as possible. It's a battle of brains which not only recognizes and honours the best of the breed talent, but also inspires others to think differently.
Prizes worth INR 30,000 to be won!
For further details contact:
Ravinder Singh: +91-9930490534
Kunal Dudawat: +91-9594445860
Rules and Regulations
- Any person with a valid student identity card of his/her educational institute is eligible to participate in this event.
- Maximum of 2 members per team. 1 person can be part of utmost 1 team.
- Participants will have to register online before taking part.
- The judging system will accept solutions in C, C++ and Java.
- The maximum allowed time limit will be 2 seconds per test case, per problem.
- The grading of all programs are binary - no partial credit for solving some test cases.
- All submissions for all problems must read from the standard input and write to the standard output.
- The compiler used for C/C++ is gcc version 4.3. OpenJDK 1.6.0_0 will be used for java submissions.
- Each program can use only 128MB of memory, per test case. per problem.
- In case of a tie for the first/second/third place, the team with the fastest submission time (measured from start of contest) for the harder problem, will be ranked higher.
- The PC2 judging system used will be used and can be found here - http://www.ecs.csus.edu/pc2/
- To run the pc2 client, a java SDK is required. However, java is only required for logging in and submitting the solution to the judging system. The solution to the actual problem can be in C/C++/Java.
- Instructions to install pc2 client / other troubleshooting instructions will be sent to all registrants before the practice contest scheduled on Saturday.
- For all outputs, be careful as not to print any leading or trailing spaces. We will try hard to ensure that submissions are not rejected due to white-space issues. But, please take care to print exactly what is required.
- Any sort of dishonesty will lead to immediate disqualification of the team in question.
- Judges decisions are final and can not be contested under any circumstances.
Results1st Position :
- Garvit Juniwal
- Pritish Kamath
2nd Position :
- Naman Agarwal
- Shahansad K P
3rd Position :
- Nishant Totla
- Vivek Madan