Please check the
academic session schedule on my
If there is something that takes less than 3 minutes, and I know you,
please walk in -- feel free to push the door in and walk, but as a
courtesy knock a couple of times before pushing the door.. Do NOT
send email in such cases. Otherwise,
- If you are my (BTP, DDP, MTP, seminar, Ph.D, summer) student
then you know you can contact me at any time. The best bet is to pick
up the phone and call me. Feel free to call me at home.
- Above points also applied to any senior TA assigned to me.
- If you are outside IIT, and we have never exchanged email before,
write to me by affixing the domain name
acm dot org after sharat (something like ) (you might want to check out this page first though).
There is no guarantee that I will reply your email although I usually do.
- If you are outside IIT, and we have exchanged emails, please do
send me mail at my work (IIT) address
- If you are inside IIT, and I do NOT know you, please see me
during office hours.
- If you are taking my class, please see me during class office
Since we have been asked to leave the CSE department building, I now
work out of two places. (See directions)
Feel free to slide under my door any routine paper that requires my
signature. Unless you find it very difficult, place a small
explanatory covering note with your emailid somewhere. Do NOT send
email in such cases.
- I am usually in room A-202 Rekhi Building
- Otherwise I am in the lab (aka ViGIL, Phone x4709). This lab is on
the 1st floor of the erstwhile CSE department building (next to