I am a second year PhD student at the CSE department at IIT Bombay, and a part of the Systems and Research Network Group. I work with Prof. Mythili Vutukuru in the broad field of networks and systems. I got my bachelors degree in Computer Science and Engineering from R.V College of Engineering in Bengaluru in the year 2017. After that I went on to work for a couple of startups (Perpule and Pitstop) as a software engineer before starting my PhD.
My PhD seminar was on the topic of Novel Network stacks where I reviewed state-of-the-art research network stacks covering a number of design techniques to improve network I/O. [Seminar Report]
I also spent the summer of 2020 interning with Telco Cloud team at IBM Research India, Bengaluru. I worked under the supervision of Praveen Jayachandran, Palanivel Kodeswaran and Sayandeep Sen exploring various novel networks stacks in the Telco Cloud environment.
I am an avid cricket fan, and have been playing the game for as long as I can remember. Currently, I play for the IITB cricket team. Philosophy, politics and economic theories are things that interest me as well and so I love to read up on those topics. This is where I voice my opinions on cricket, politics, philosophy, economic theories, programming, computer science and life in general.
You can reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on Instagram at ashkurella for informal discussions as this is the only social media I am remotely active on.
PhD, Computer Science & Engineering
(2019 - Present) | CPI: 8.48/10
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
B.E, Computer Science & Engineering
(2013 - 2017) | CPI: 8.18/10
R V College of Engineering
- Ashwin Kumar, Priyanka Naik, Sahil Patki, Pranav Chaudhary, Mythili Vutukuru, "Evaluating Network Stacks for the Virtualized Mobile Packet Core", 5th Asia-Pacific Workshop on Networking (APNet 2021)
- CS 601 - Algorithms and Complexity, Rohit Gurjar, Fall-20
- CS 695 - Topics in Virtualization and Cloud Computing, Mythili Vutukuru, Spring-20
- CS 684 - Embedded Systems, Kavi Arya, Spring-20
- CS 699 - Software Labs, Kavi Arya, Fall-19
- CS 744 - Design and Engineering of Computing Systems, Umesh Bellur, Fall-19
- CS 742 - Foundations of Network Security and Cryptography, Kameswari Chebrolu, Fall-19
- CS 347M - Operating Systems (Minor), Fall-20
- CS 744 - Design and Engineering of Computing Systems, Spring-20