I completed my M.Tech. in CSE from IIT Bombay in 2011. After a year+ long stint in Pune, I returned as a PhD student in January 2013. My PhD advisors are Prof. Pushpak Bhattacharyya at IIT Bombay (and he is also the Director of IIT Patna now!), and Prof. Mark J Carman at Monash University.
My research interests lie in natural language processing. My work has primarily been on innovative sentiment analysis approaches like use of word senses, sarcasm detection using linguistic theories, etc. I have also worked on several first-of-their kind research projects: Drunk texting prediction, News Headline Translation, a sarcastic chatbot, etc. Novel, unexplored problems are exciting!
I have worked with these awesome people: Dr. Balamurali AR, Abhijit `530' Mishra, Kashyap Popat, Anoop Kunchukuttan, Raksha Sharma, Vinita Sharma, Shubham Gautam, Vaibhav Tripathi, Diptesh Kanojia, Ravindra Soni, Prayas Jain, Pranav Goel, Anupam Khattri, Naman Gupta, Soumadeep Mazumdar, and Purva Joshi.
- Teaching Associate, Monash University, Melbourne, July 2013 - December 2013
- Teaching Assistant, IIT Bombay, January 2014 - ongoing (Topics in Natural Language Processing (NLP), NLP, Artificial Intelligence, Database Systems)
- Software Engineer, Sybase - An SAP Company, Pune, September 2011 - December 2012
- Research Assistant, Application Software Cell, IIT Bombay, July 2008 - July 2011
- April 2016 Completed Semester 2 of Italian Language Course conducted by IIT Bombay and University of Pavia, with grade 'Outstanding', the highest in the sequence.
- November 2015 Completed Semester 1 of an Italian Language Course conducted by IIT Bombay and University of Pavia, with grade 'Outstanding', the highest in the sequence.