CS 228 : Logic for computer science 2021
Instructors : Ashutosh Gupta and
Timings : 8:30 Monday, 9:30 Tuesday, 10:35 Thursday (Slot 1)
Venue : MSTeams, To join the course team, use team code: cfgfg9h
For non gmail email addresses Append "iitb.ac.in" in the text inside the parenthesis
Optional tutorials :
- Every week videos will be released by Sunday night
- No sessions on Mondays
- On Tuesday 9:30, the instructor will do an interactive session for clearing doubts.
- On Thursday 10:30, TAs will do a tutorial on a given set of problems.
- On SAFE app students have to do a quiz. The quiz will remain available from Thursday evening to Sunday night.
- Weekly quizzes: 15%
- Quizzes : 22.5% (3 quizzes)
- Programming : 7.5% (1 assignment)
- Midterm : 20% (2 hours)
- Final : 35% (3 hours)
May change later.
Age of philosophy: propositional logic
2021-01-07 : Lecture 1 - Introduction
2021-01-11 : Lecture 2 - Propositional logic (PL), syntax
2021-01-12 : Lecture 3 - Semantics and Truth tables
Age of mathematics: formal proofs
2021-01-16 (Saturday) : Lecture 4 - Formal proofs
2021-01-18 : Lecture 5 - Formal proofs 2
Age of computer science: resolution proof system
2021-01-19 : Lecture 6 - Substitutions and equivalences
2021-01-21 : Lecture 7 - Conjunctive normal forms
2021-01-30T10:30 (Saturday) : Quiz 1