A. Registration Information
Registration fees for participants from within India are as follows:
|Credit Card||Electronic Transfer/
|Credit Card||Electronic Transfer/
(After Nov. 22, 2012,
|2500 INR||2750 INR||7500 INR||8250 INR||7500 INR||8250 INR|
|Early-Bird rates are no longer available.|
(Till Nov. 22, 2012,
Registration fees for participants who are affiliated to institutions/companies from outside India (henceforth referred to as Foreign Participants) are as follows:
(After Nov. 22, 2012, 23:59 GMT)
|300 USD||300 USD||300 USD|
|Early-Bird rates are no longer available.|
(Till Nov. 22, 2012, 23:59 GMT)
Please read the following instructions carefully before registering:
- ICVGIP2012 is employing a "passport" registration. Once you register, you can attend any workshop co-located with ICVGIP. There is no separate registration for any co-located event.
- For all accepted papers (oral or poster), at least one author must register by Oct 29, 2012 at early-bird non-student rate for the paper to appear in the digital archives of ACM. Even if an author is common to more than one accepted paper, one unique early-bird non-student registration must be done for each paper. (Other authors of SUCH papers who will be attending the conference must register separately under student/non-student rates as appropriate.) Every accepted paper must be presented by one of the authors.
- Note that the registration will be considered complete only after we receive the payment. A confirmation email will be sent to the registered participants. A receipt stating the paid amount will be provided on demand to the participants at the conference venue.
- Registration fees includes admission to all technical sessions (including tutorials, workshops, invited talks), daily lunch, conference dinner and conference kit.
- Limited financial support for students to attend ICVGIP 2012 is expected to be made available. More details can be found at the bottom of this page here.
B. Premium Accommodation Information
ICVGIP 2012 organizing committee has made accommodation arrangements for a significant number (but not all) of registered attendees. Details of accommodation arrangements are given below.Update: We are now waitlisting accommodation requests. Confirmation emails are being sent out.
- Student Accommodation: Accommodation for students will be made available in the hostels of IIT Bombay at the rate of 150 INR per-day, per-head. Hostel rooms are modest, compact, shared, with no self-contained shower or toilet facilities. We will put up a list of what you need to bring with you later. The conference venue is at a walkable distance from the hostels. Please note that only students with valid degree-granting student id are eligible for hostel accommodation. The INR 150 charge does not include any charges for meals. Students can eat inexpensively at the hostel mess by paying on the spot.
- Delegate Accommodation: We have arranged for accommodation in well-maintained guest houses (with AC) about 1km from IIT Bombay Main Gate, and at the rate of 1500 INR (30 USD) per-day, per-head. The rooms are on twin sharing basis (women and men will, by default not be allotted the same shared room, unless explicitly requested). If you insist on a single room to yourself, simply pay double. These charges also do not include any meals.
- These charges must be paid fully in advance with the registration payment using one of the payment options as explained below.
- Directions to reach the Delegate and Student Accommodations can be found here.
- Other Options: If you want to make your own arrangements we can suggest a number of hotels around IIT Bombay whose details can be found here.
C: Payment Steps
Complete Steps 1, 2 and 3 to pay for registration and accommodationStep 1: Calculate the total amount you have to pay
- For example, you are an Indian student who wants to register for ICVGIP2012 at the early-bird rate and wants to stay in the IIT Bombay Hostel for 3 days. If you are paying by electronic transfer/demand draft then the total amount you have to pay is 2000 + 3 * 150 = 2450 INR. If you are paying by credit card then the amount you have to pay is 2200 + 3 * 165 = 2725 INR
- For example you are an Indian academic who wants to register for ICVGIP2012 at the early-bird rate and wants to stay in the guest house for 2 days in a single room. If you are paying by electronic transfer/demand draft then the total amount you have to pay is 5000 + 2 * (2*1500) = 11000 INR. If you are paying by credit card then the amount you have to pay is 5500 + 2 * (2*1650) = 12100 INR
Step 2: Select a payment method
Electronic fund (Wire) transfer:
The details required for executing the electronic transfer are as follows
Bank name: Canara BankSuitable bank transaction charges may apply. Your registration can be confirmed only after our bank receives the amount through the transfer.
Bank address: IIT Powai, Mumbai 400076, India
Beneficiary name: ICVGIP2012
Finance Chair, ICVGIP2012,
C/O: Prof. V. Rajbabu,
Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Bombay, Mumbai 400076, India.
Account number: 2724201010218
Swift Number (transfer from outside India): CNRBINBBBFN
IFSC number (from within India): CNRB0002724
Purpose to be mentioned:
- Demand Draft:
The participants can make a crossed (A/C
payee) demand draft (DD) for the requisite
amount in favour of
ICVGIP2012 payable at
Canara Bank, IIT Powai, Mumbai-400076,
India. Please write the name and
affiliation of the participant on the
backside of the DD. Send the DD to the
Finance Chair, ICVGIP 2012Your registration can be confirmed only after we receive your demand draft or banker's cheque. Expect delays.
C/O: Prof. V. Rajbabu
Department of Electrical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Mumbai 400076, India.
- Credit Card:
- Indian Participants: There is an additional 10 % charge for every credit card transaction and this is included in the registration rate displayed above. Also note that an additional 10 % charge will be suitably added for the accommodation expenses as well. If you want a single room, select the Delegate Accommodation (Individual). Please click here to pay by credit card. Choose the appropriate ticket(s) depending on the amount that you have to pay and click on "Register."
- Foreign Participants: Credit Card Payments are not available at the moment for participants from outside India. Please use Electronic Fund Transfer to pay.
- If you are an Indian participant and have paid by Credit Card in the earlier step then you have already filled a similar form. Skip this step.
- Otherwise, please go to this page. Choose the ticket available and click register. Fill in the form that appears with all the information asked. Each registrant should fill this form separately. Steps 1 and 2 have to be completed before you can complete Step 3, as the transaction id for your payment is required to complete the form.
- Please ensure that one form is filled for each participant, even if payment for multiple participants was done together.
- For cancellations within 24 hrs of the payment transaction, all payments can be refunded. Suitable transaction charges will be deducted from the payment depending on mode of transaction selected.
- Cancellation of Registration is allowed till early-bird registration deadline. The amount paid will be refunded after a deduction of 10%. Beyond the early-bird registration deadline, no refunds are possible. Since accommodation is at a premium, we ask that you do not cancel the accommodation request.
- All refunds will be made after the conference is over.
- Cancellation/refund requests can be made by writing to email@example.com.
Step 3: Tell us that you have paid
D. Cancellation and Refund
E: Funding Support for Emerging Researchers
The organizers of ICVGIP have enabled bursaries, primarily for student participants. The bursaries is expected to cover a significant portion of economical travel within India, conference registration, and incidental expenses. Participants are required to register for the conference, pay in advance, and subsequently request for the said bursary also in advance.
Amounts will be reimbursed only at the end
of the conference, and only on production
of original receipts (and, as
mentioned above, will require
prior application). Further information on the bursary
application process is expected to appear within a week of
the expiry of the early bird deadline.
Please do not
send any emails about this till the application
information becomes available.
Also, note that an application for funding does not imply automatic selection for the bursary.
Students are urged to be in touch with their advisors/supervisors to take advantage of this since a recommendation letter is expected.