These are papers that in some sense characterise us, show our priorities and have defined our directions.
(for complete yearwise list click here)
Kevin Patel and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Towards Lower Bounds on Number of Dimensions for Word Embeddings, IJCNLP17, Taipei, Taiwan, Nov 7- Dec 1, 2017
(Outstanding Paper Awardee) Anoop Kunchukuttan and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Learning variable length units for SMT between related languages via Byte Pair Encoding, 1st Workshop on Subword and Character level models in NLP 2017(collocated with EMNLP), Copenhagen, Denmark, September 7-September 11, 2017
Aditya Joshi,Pushpak Bhattacharyya and Mark Carman, Automatic Sarcasm Detection: A Survey, ACM Computing Survey (ACM-CSUR), Article No. 73, Volume 50 Issue 5, September 2017
Sreelekha S. and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Role of Morphology Injection in SMT: A Case Study from Indian Language Perspective, ACM Transactions on Asian and Low-Resource Language Information Processing (TALLIP 2017), 2017
Md Shad Akhtar, Abhishek Kumar, Deepanway Ghosal, Asif Ekbal and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, A Multilayer Perceptron based Ensemble Technique for Fine-grained Financial Sentiment Analysis, EMNLP 2017, Copenhagen, Denmark, September 7–11, 2017.
Raksha Sharma, Arpan Somani, Lakshya Kumar and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Sentiment Intensity Ranking among Adjectives Using Sentiment Bearing Word Embeddings,EMNLP 2017, Copenhagen, Denmark, September 7–11, 2017.
Joe Cheri Ross, Abhijit Mishra, Kaustuv Kanti Ganguli, Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Preeti Rao, Identifying Raga Similarity Through Embeddings Learned from Compositions' Notation, The 18th International Society for Music Information Retrieval Conference ISMIR 2017, Suzhou, China,October 23-28, 2017.
Abhijit Mishra, Kuntal Dey and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Learning Cognitive Features from Gaze Data for Sentiment and Sarcasm Classification Using Convolutional Neural Network, ACL 2017, Vancouver, Canada, July 30-August 4, 2017.
Aditya Joshi, Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Sagar Ahire, Sentiment Resources: Lexicons and Datasets, Chapter in book, "A Practical Guide to Sentiment Analysis" (Ed: Erik Cambria and Dipankar Das), Springer, ISBN 978-3-319-55392-4, 2017.
S. Akhtar, D. Gupta, A. Ekbal and P. Bhattacharayya, Feature Selection and Ensemble Construction: A Two-step Method for Aspect Based Sentiment Analysis, Knowledge-Based Systems, Elsevier (accepted), DOI, 2017.
Abhijit Mishra, Diptesh Kanojia, Seema Nagar, Kuntal Dey and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Scanpath Complexity: Modeling Reading Effort using Gaze Information, AAAI 2017, San Fransisco, California, USA, February 4-9, 2017.
Niladri Dash, Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Jyoti Pawar (eds.), Wordnets of Indian Languages, Springer, ISBN 978-981-10-1909-8, 2016.
Prerana Singhal and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Borrow a Little from your Rich Cousin: Using Embeddings and Polarities of English Words for Multilingual Sentiment Classification, COLING 2016, Osaka, Japan, December 21-26, 2016.
Arjun Atreya, Ashish Kankaria, Pushpak Bhattacharyya and Ganesh Ramakrishnan Query Expansion in Resource Scarce Languages: A Multilingual Framework Utilizing Document Structure, TALLIP (Transactions on Asian and Low-resource Language Processing), 2016.
Aditya Joshi, Vaibhav Tripathi, Kevin Patel, Pushpak Bhattacharyya and Mark Carman, Are Word Embedding-based Features Useful for Sarcasm Detection?, EMNLP 2016, Austin, Texas, USA, November 1-5, 2016.
Anoop Kunchukuttan and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Orthographic Syllable as basic unit for SMT between Related Languages, EMNLP 2016, Austin, Texas, USA, November 1-5, 2016.
Abhijit Mishra, Diptesh Kanojia, Kuntal Dey, Seema Nagar and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Harnessing Cognitive Features for sarcasm Detection, ACL 2016, Berlin, Germany, August 8-10, 2016.
Anoop Kunchukuttan, Pushpak Bhattacharyya and Mitesh M. Khapra, Substring-based Unsupervised Transliteration with Phonetic and Contextual Knowledge, CoNLL 2016, Berlin, Germany, August 11-12, 2016.
Aditya Joshi, Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Mark Carman, Jaya Jha and Rajita Shukla, How Do Cultural Differences Impact the Quality of Sarcasm Annotation?: A Case Study of Indian Annotators and American Text, 10th Workshop on Language Technology for Cultural Heritage, Social Sciences, and Humanities (LATECH10) at ACL 2016, Berlin, Germany, August 11, 2016.
Abhijit Mishra, Diptesh Kanojia and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Predicting Readers' Sarcasm Understandability by Modelling Gaze Behaviour, AAAI 2016, Phoenix, USA, Feb 12-17, 2016.
Diptesh Kanojia, Shehzaad Dhuliawala, and Pushpak Bhattarcharyya, A picture is worth a thousand words: Using OpenClipArt library for enriching IndoWordNet, GWC 2016, Bucharest, Romania, 27-30 January, 2016.
Shehzaad Dhuliawala, Diptesh Kanojia and Pushpak Bhattarcharyya, SlangNet: a WordNet like Resource for English Slang, LREC 2016, Portoroz, Slovenia, 23-28 May, 2016.
Raksha Sharma, Astha Agarwal, Mohit Gupta and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Adjective Intensity and Sentiment Anallysis, EMNLP 2015, Lisbon, Portugal, Sept 17-21, 2015.
Jayanth, Jayaprakash S. and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Monotone Submodularity in Opinion Summaries, EMNLP 2015, Lisbon, Portugal, Sept 17-21, 2015.
Aditya Joshi, Vinita Sharma and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Harnessing Context Incongruity for Sarcasm Detection, ACL 2015, Beijing, China, July 26-31, 2015.
Aditya Joshi, Abhijit Mishra, Balamurali A. R., Pushpak Bhattacharyya and Mark James Carman, A Computational Approach to Automatic Prediction of Drunk Texting, ACL 2015, Beijing, China, July 26-31, 2015.
Raj Dabre, Fabien Cromiere, Sadao Kurohash and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Leveraging Small Multilingual Corpora for SMT Using Many Pivot Languages, NAACL 2015, Denver, Colorado, USA, May 31 - June 5, 2015.
Sudha Bhingardive, Dhirendra Singh, Rudramurthy V, Hanumant Redkar and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Unsupervised Multilingual Most Frequent Sense Detection using Word Embeddings, NAACL 2015, Denver, Colorado, USA, May 31 - June 5, 2015.
Deepak Patil, Harshad Chavan and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Triangulation of Reordering Tables: An Advancement Over Phrase Table Triangulation in Pivot-Based SMT, ICON 2015, Trivandrum, Kerala, India, 11-14 December, 2015.
Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Multilingual Projections, book chapter in Language Production, Cognition and the Lexicon (ed. Nuria Gala et al), Springer, Switzerland, 2015.
Devendra Chaplot and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Unsupervised Word Sense Disambiguation Using Markov Random Field and Dependency Parser, AAAI 2015, Austin Texas, USA, 25-29 January, 2015
Aditya Joshi, Abhijit Mishra, Nivvedan Senthamilselvan and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Measuring Sentiment Annotation Complexity of Text, ACL 2014, Baltimore, USA, 22-27 June, 2014
Anoop Kunchukuttan, Abhijit Mishra, Rajen Chatterjee, Ritesh Shah and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Shata-Anuvadak: Tackling Multiway Translation of Indian Languages, LREC 2014, Rekjyavik, Iceland, 26-31 May, 2014
Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Ankit Bahuguna, Lavita Talukdar and Bornali Phukan, Facilitating Multi-Lingual Sense Annotation: Human Mediated Lemmatizer, Global Wordnet Conference (GWC 2014), Tartu, Estonia, 25-29 January, 2014
- Kashyap Popat, Balamurali A.R, Pushpak Bhattacharyya and Gholamreza Haffari, The Haves and the Have-Nots: Leveraging Unlabelled Corpora for Sentiment Analysis, ACL 2013, Sofia, Bulgaria, 4-9 August, 2013
- Ankit Ramteke, Akshat Malu, Pushpak Bhattacharyya and Saketha Nath, Detecting Turnarounds in Sentiment Analysis: Thwarting, ACL 2013, Sofia, Bulgaria, 4-9 August, 2013
- Abhijit Mishra and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Automatically Predicting Sentence Translation Difficulty, ACL 2013, Sofia, Bulgaria, 4-9 August, 2013
- Salil Joshi, Diptesh Kanojia and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, More than meets the eye: Study of Human Cognition in Sense Annotation, NAACL HLT 2013, Atalnata, USA, 9-14 June, 2013
- Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Natural Language Processing: A Perspective from Computation in Presence of Ambiguity, Resource Constraint and Multilinguality,CSI Journal of Computing, Vol. 1, No. 2, 2012. (Invited position paper)
- Subhabrata Mukherjee and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Sentiment Analysis in Twitter with Lightweight Discourse Analysis, Computational Linguistics Conference (COLING 2012), Mumbai, 10-14 Dec, 2012
- Subhabrata Mukherjee, Akshat Malu, Balamurali A.R. and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, TwiSent: A Multistage System for Analyzing Sentiment in Twitter, CIKM 2012 , Hawai, Oct 29- Nov 2, 2012.
- Balamurali A.R., Aditya Joshi and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Cost and Benefit of Using WordNet Senses for Sentiment Analysis, Lexical Resources Engineering Conference (LREC 2012), Istanbul, Turkey, May, 2012
- Mitesh Khapra, Salil Joshi and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, It takes two to Tango: A Bilingual Unsupervised Approach for Estimating Sense Distributions using Expectation Maximization, 5th International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing (IJCNLP 2011), Chiang Mai, Thailand, November 2011.
- Aditya Joshi, Balamurali A.R., Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Harnessing WordNet senses for Supervised Sentiment Classification, Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP 2011), Edinburgh, UK, July 2011.
- Mitesh Khapra, Salil Joshi, Arindam Chatterjee and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Together We Can: Bilingual Bootstrapping for WSD, Annual Meeting of the Association of Computational Linguistics (ACL 2011), Oregon, USA, June 2011.
- Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Christiane Fellbaum and Piek Vossen, Proceedings Editor, 5th International Global Wordnet Conference (GWC2010), Mumbai, India, Feb 2010, Narosa.
- Mitesh Khapra, Saurabh Sohoney, Anup Kulkarni and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Value for Money: Balancing Annotation Effort, Lexicon Building and Accuracy for Multilingual WSD, Computational Linguistics Conference (COLING 2010), Beijing, China, August 2010.
- Abbas Malik, Christian Boitet and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Finite-State Scriptural Translation, Computational Linguistics Conference (COLING 2010), Beijing, China, August 2010.
- Mitesh Khapra, Anup Kulkarni, Saurabh Sohoney and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, All Words Domain Adapted WSD: Finding a Middle Ground between Supervision and Unsupervision, Conference of Association of Computational Linguistics (ACL 2010), Uppsala, Sweden, July 2010.
- Manoj Chinnakotla, Karthik Raman and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Multilingual Relevance Feedback: One Language Can Help Another, Conference of Association of Computational Linguistics (ACL 2010), Uppsala, Sweden, July 2010.
- A.Kumaran, Mitesh Khapra and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Compositional Machine Transliteration, ACM Transactions on Asian Language Information Processing (TALIP Journal), Vol. 9, Issue 4, December 2010.
- Manoj Chinnakotla, Karthik Raman and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Multilingual PRF: English Lends a Helping Hand, SIGIR 2010, Geneva, Switzerland, July, 2010.
- Mitesh Khapra, Kumaran A and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Everybody loves a rich cousin: An empirical study of transliteration through bridge languages, NAACL HLT 2010, Los Angeles, CA, USA, June, 2010.
- Pushpak Bhattacharyya, IndoWordNet, Lexical Resources Engineering Conference 2010 (LREC 2010), Malta, May, 2010.
- Malhar Kulkarni, Chaitali Dangarikar, Irawati Kulkarni, Abhishek Nanda and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Introducing Sanskrit Wordnet, 5th International Conference on Global Wordnet (GWC2010), Mumbai, Jan, 2010.
- Ananthakrishnan Ramanathan, Hansraj Choudhary, Avishek Ghosh and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Case markers and Morphology: Addressing the crux of the fluency problem in English-Hindi SMT, ACL-IJCNLP 2009, Singapore, August, 2009.
- Kamaljeet Verma and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Context-Sensitive Semantic Smoothing using Semantically Relatable Sequences, International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI09), Pasadena, CA, USA, July, 2009.
- Mitesh Khapra, Sapan Shah, Piyush Kedia and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Projecting Parameters for Multilingual Word Sense Disambiguation, Empirical Methods in Natural Language Prfocessing (EMNLP09), Singapore, August, 2009.
- Abbas Malik, Christian Boitet and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Hindi-Urdu Transliteration Using Finite State Transducers, Computational Linguistics (COLING08), Manchester, UK, August, 2008.
- Debasri Chakrabarti, Hemang Mandalia, Ritwik Priya, Vaijayanthi Sarma and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Hindi Compound Verbs and their Automatic Extraction, Computational Linguistics (COLING08), Manchester, UK, August, 2008.
- Sankaran Baskaran , Kalika Bali, Tanmoy Bhattacharya, Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Monojit Choudhury, Girish Nath Jha, Rajendran S., Saravanan K., Sobha L., and KVS Subbarao, A Common Parts-of-Speech Tagset Framework for Indian Languages, Lexical Resources Engineering Conference (LREC08), Marrakech, Morocco, May 26-June 1, 2008.
- Rajat Mohanty, Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Prabhakar Pande, Shraddha Kalele, Mitesh Khapra and Aditya Sharma, Synset Based Multilingual Dictionary: Insights, Applications and Challenges, Global Wordnet Conference (GWC08), Szeged, Hungary, January 22-25, 2008.
- Smriti Singh, Mrugank Dalal, Vishal Vachani, Pushpak Bhattacharyya and Om Damani Hindi Generation from Interlingua, Machine Translation Summit (MTS 07), Copenhagen, September, 2007.
- Medimi Srinivas and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, A Flexible Unsupervised PP-Attachment Method Using Semantic Information, IJCAI 2007, Hyderabad, India, Jan, 2007.
- Debasri Chakrabarty, Vaijayanthi Sarma and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Complex Predicates in Indian Language Wordnets, Lexical Resources and Evaluation Journal, 40 (3-4), 2007.
- Kuhoo Gupta, Manish Shrivastava, Smriti Singh and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Morphological Richness Offsets Resource Poverty- an Experience in Building a POS Tagger for Hindi, COLING/ACL-2006, Sydney, Australia, July, 2006.
- Rajat Mohanty, Anupama Dutta and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Semantically Relatable Sets: Building Blocks for Repesenting Semantics, 10th Machine Translation Summit ( MT Summit 05), Phuket, September, 2005.
- G. Ramakrishnan, Krishna Prasad Chitrapura, Raghu Krishnapuram and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, A Model for Handling Approximate, Noisy or Incomplete Labeling in Text Classification , International Conference on Machine Learning ( ICML 05), Bonn, August, 2005.
- Ganesh Ramakrishnan, Deepa Paranjape, Soumen Chakrabarti and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Is Question Answering an Acquired Skill?, World Wide Web (WWW04), New York, May, 2004.
- G. Ramakrishnan and P. Bhattacharyya, Text Representation with Wordnet Synsets, Eight International Conference on Applications of Natural Language to Information Systems (NLDB2003), Burg, Germany, June, 2003.
- Shachi Dave, Jignashu Parikh and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Interlingua Based English Hindi Machine Translation and Language Divergence, Journal of Machine Translation (JMT), Volume 17, September, 2002.
- Dipak Narayan, Debasri Chakrabarty, Prabhakar Pande and P. Bhattacharyya An Experience in Building the Indo WordNet- a WordNet for Hindi, International Conference on Global WordNet (GWC 02), Mysore, India, January, 2002.
- Bhoopesh Choudhary and P. Bhattacharyya, Text Clustering Using Semantics, World Wide Web Conference (WWW2002), Hawai, USA, May 2002.
- R.Krishnan, G.Sivakumar and P. Bhattacharyya, Extracting Decision Trees from Trained Neural Networks, Pattern Recognition Journal (PR), Volume 32, December, 1999.
- Emad A. Fahdel and P. Bhattacharyya Application of Steerable Transform Using Neural Networks for Signature Verification, Pattern Analysis and Application Journal, Volume 2, No. 2, Springer London, June, 1999.
- M.Bastawala and P.Bhattacharyya, Natural Language Interface to and Object Relational Database Management System , International Conference on Natural Languages and Databases (NLDB 1997), Vancouver, Canada, June, 1997.
- P. Bhattacharyya and G. Nagaraja,Learning of Classes of Regular and Linear Languages in Valiant's Learnability Framework, in Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS, Vol. 761, Springer Verlag (pub.), 1993.
(Also International Conference on Foundations of Software Technology and Theoretical Computer Science (FST & TCS), Mumbai, December, 1992.)
- R. Patil, P.E. Nagaraj, P. Bhattacharyya and A. Paulraj, Tactical Air Route Planning, Journal of Institute of Electrical and Telecommunication Engineers, Vol. 34, No. 3, 1988.
- P. Bhattacharyya and V. Chaitanya, Computer Aid for Understanding Sanskrit, First Conference on Knowledge Representation and Inferencing in Sanskrit, Bangalore, December, 1987.